Personal Information Collection Statement
1. From time to time throughout the course of your agreement with AIA Company Limited or its affiliates (as applicable) (the “Company, "we", "us", "our"), we will collect and process personal data relating to you ("Personal Data" which may include sensitive personal data). Personal Data will be treated in a secure and confidential manner as set out in this personal information collection statement ("Notice").
2. Provision of Personal Data. We will collect and store and otherwise process your Personal Data where you have provided information to us during your application to be an agent, the agent onboarding process, the training process or on an ad hoc basis during the course of your agreement with us. We may also receive information which may include your Personal Data from time to time from other third parties.
Personal Data may be collected indirectly from monitoring devices or by other means (for example, building and location access control and monitoring systems, CCTV, telephone logs and recordings and email and Internet access logs), in connection with your agreement with the Company if and to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
The Personal Data that we collect is necessary to enter into your agency contract with us, or to comply with applicable laws. If you do not provide us with such Personal Data we may not be able to administer or manage your agreement with us.
3. Types of Personal Data. Examples of the Personal Data we may collect include:
(a) identity information: such as your name, address and other contact details, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, date of birth, religious beliefs, passport/identity card number, information about your dependents, and photograph images;
(b) information about your employment history and qualifications: such as school/university qualifications, certificates and references;
(c) basic work details: such as your office details, agent number, upper level unit details, job title, reporting lines and your terms and conditions as an agent;
(d) information about your recruitment: such as CV, interview data, and verification of references;
(e) remuneration and benefits data: for example, details of your commission, override and other benefits package, bank account details, security fund, tax information, third-party benefit recipient information, commission or benefit deduction;
(f) performance records: including assessment of your performance, awards, complaints records, investigation records, suspensions and disciplinary data including audits and risk assessments;
(g) equality and diversity data: such as data regarding race will be collected from you voluntarily; and
(h) legal and criminal records data: where required in compliance with the applicable laws and in specific circumstances.
If you provide us with Personal Data about other people (such as your family members or next of kin for emergency purposes or to administer benefits), you acknowledge and confirm that you have provided a copy of this Notice to them and obtained their consent to provide us with that information.
4. Data accuracy. You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide is accurate, complete and that you inform us promptly of any updates required. We may request that a documentary evidence be provided to us as proof of the amendment or change requested.
5. How your Personal Data is Used. Your Personal Data will be used for the purposes of the Company's administration and management of its agents and its businesses and operations and for compliance with applicable procedures, laws and regulations. These purposes include but are not limited to, agency planning, provision of commission, benefits, incentive plans, future offerings, awards, performance appraisals, internal reporting, data analytics, sales competitions, communications, announcements, surveys, government statistics or returns or any form of governmental data request for any reason including reviewing your legal, physical or other eligibility to work, equal opportunities monitoring (including investigating grievances and issues of misconduct or as part of a disciplinary procedure), creating agent records, reference and background checks by any member of the AlA Group or any other person, avoidance of existing or potential conflicts of interest, requirements of regulatory or governmental authorities located inside or outside your jurisdiction and reviews by any member of the AlA Group.
6. Sharing of your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may be disclosed and/or transferred to the following classes of persons (who may be located in or outside of your jurisdiction), to:
(a) any member of AlA Group;
(b) AIA agents;
(c) any internal or external consultants, professionals or other advisers of the AlA Group;
(d) any other third party service providers or agents providing services for or at the request of any member of the AlA Group (including for example, companies that host, support and/or maintain the IT systems or applications supporting our systems);
(e) any law enforcement agencies, statutory boards, government or regulatory bodies, dispute resolution bodies, or any other person in any jurisdiction to whom AIA or another member of the AIA Group must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation in that or any other jurisdiction applicable to that particular AIA Group company; or (b) pursuant to an agreement or scheme between the AIA Group company and the relevant government, regulatory body or other person;
(f) insurance organisations;
(g) Office of Insurance Commission, industry associations or federations;
(h) any tax, regulatory or governmental authorities or authorised bodies having jurisdiction over any member of the AlA Group where any member of the AlA Group is required to do so by law or where the interests of the AlA Group or public interest require disclosure;
(i) any actual or proposed assignee or successor of any part of the AlA Group or in the context of a corporate reorganisation to an acquiring entity as a part of an actual or proposed purchase or sale; or
(j) any other person with your express or implied consent, to achieve the aforementioned purposes.
Your Personal Data might be transferred to, retained and processed by other countries outside your jurisdiction which may not have adequate measures for personal data protection as that of your jurisdiction. Notwithstanding that, we will only transfer your Personal Data outside of your jurisdiction, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection exist to protect the integrity and security of your Personal Data.
7. Retention of Personal Data. It is our policy to only retain the Personal Data for as long as is required to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected by us or provided by you, the general retention period of your Personal Data is 11 years following the termination or expiry date of your agency agreement with us, or of for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable laws.
8. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data.
You have the right to:
· verify whether AIA holds any personal data about you, to access or obtain a copy of any such data, and/or to access information about how AIA uses or discloses your Personal Data;
· require AIA to correct or update any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate;
· request that your personal data be transferred to another data controller in a machine-readable format;
· request that the processing of your personal data be suspended under certain circumstances;
· request deletion or destruction of your personal data under certain circumstances;
· request that your personal data be de-identified under certain circumstances;
· object to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data under certain circumstances, especially when your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for the direct marketing purpose;
· request a temporarily suspension of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances;
· withdraw your consent or request a change to your scope of consent. However, withdrawing consent or changing scope of consent may affect our ability to administer or manage your agreement with us, either in whole or in part;
· request deregistration or deletion of your registered account (if any);
· make a complaint about AIA's data handling; and
· enquire about our policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Requests for access, correction, complaints or other queries relating to your personal data should be addressed to Distribution Administration & Management Information department (DAMI) by call 02 783 7251 or 02 783 7761 or email to email@example.com.
We may have the right, under applicable laws, to charge a reasonable cost to process the above requests.
If you suspect any breach involving personal data, please notify Agency Executive or Business Quality Control department (BQC) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Data Protection Officer (DPO) via email at email@example.com or contact at the following address.
AIA Company Limited
181 Surawongse Road, Suriyawongse Sub-district,
Bangrak District, Bangkok, Thailand 10500
9. We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Notice, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change this Notice, those changes will be notified to you either on Agent Internet Access or in writing so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting. Where required by applicable law, we may also notify you in the event of material changes to this Notice and, where required, seek your prior consent to those changes.
By clicking below you acknowledge and agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data (including sensitive personal data where applicable, and overseas transfers of your personal data) as set out in this Notice.