Updated on July 4, 2018 Among the most important assets of AIA Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (individually and collectively referred to herein as “AIA”) is the trust and confidence placed to properly handle information. Customers and potential customers expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect the data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with relevant privacy laws, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
This website is for general information purpose only. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, AIA does not warrant its absolute accuracy or accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission. Without prior permission from AIA, no information contained on this website may be copied, except for personal use, or redistributed.
AIA recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do business with or provide services to you. AIA will not collect any information that identifies you personally through this website unless and until you buy our products or services, register as a member, or submit personal information for job application purposes.
This website, and our social media platforms are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or use of such social media platforms. If this is applicable to you, we would advise you to study the relevant restrictions, and AIA does not accept liability in this respect.
How we collect data.
We will collect and store any information when you enter on our website, or provide to us through any other channel. We may also obtain lawfully collected personal or non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties sources. We may also collect some information about your computer or other devices used when you visit this website.
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, either on our website, an application we provide, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature, we may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
• to process, administer, implement and effect the requests or transactions contemplated by the forms available on our website or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
• to design new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
• to communicate with you including to send you administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
• for statistical or actuarial research undertaken by AIA, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
• for data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
• for promotional or marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation products, services, advice and subjects: insurance; annuities; provident fund; investment; banking; financial services; credit cards; medical/health treatment; educational; recruitment; training; reward/loyalty/privilege programmes; charitable/non-profitable causes;
• to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
• to personalise the appearance of our websites, provide recommendations of relevant products and provide targeted advertising on our website or through other channels;
• other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
• other purposes directly relating to any of the above. By providing your personal information to us, you accept that AIA may retain your information for as long as necessary, to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. AIA applies security measures consistent with current best practices to protect your personal information. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
Who may be provided with your personal data?
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law and where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide such personal data to the following parties:
• any person authorised to act as an agent of AIA in relation to the distribution of products and services offered by AIA;
• any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA) who provides administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, technology outsourcing, call centre services, mailing and printing services in connection with the operation of AIA’s business and AIA’s provision of services to you;
• any member company of AIA in relation to the provision or marketing of insurance services;
• any agent, contractor or third party service provider (within or outside AIA) including companies that help deliver our services, such as reinsurance companies, investment management companies, claims investigation companies, industry associations or federations;
• other companies that help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, in order to enhance the services we provide to you; and
• government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom an AIA company must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation in that jurisdiction applicable to that particular AIA company; or (b) pursuant to an agreement between the AIA company and the relevant government, regulatory body or other person.
In relation to any personal data collected by us whilst providing any services in respect of our provident fund, such personal data would only be transferred to the above parties for the purpose of providing any provident fund related services.
From time to time, we may purchase a business or sell one or more of our businesses (or portions thereof) and where permitted by law your personal data may be transferred or disclosed as a part of the purchase or sale or a proposed purchase or sale. In the event that we purchase a business, the personal data received with that business would be treated in accordance with this privacy statement, if it is practicable and permissible to do so.
Where permitted by law, your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Thailand or outside of Thailand. Your information may be transferred to,stored, and processed in Thailand or any other jurisdictions where any AIA company is located, or jurisdictions where a third party contractor is located or from which the third party contractor provides us services. By providing us with your personal information or using our services or our website or applications, you consent to the transfer of such information outside your jurisdiction to our facilities or to those third parties with whom we share it as described above.
Access Rights to Personal Data
You have the right to:
• verify whether AIA holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
• require AIA to correct or update any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date;
• require AIA to erase, destroy, temporary suspend, or convert any personal data into anonymised data;
• withdraw your consent provided to AIA, and
• enquire about AIA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
You may use the rights described above and/or express any concern you might have about our use of your personal data by contacting:
Customer Service AIA Call Center 1581
AIA has the right to charge costs which are directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data access request.
If you ask us to erase, destroy, temporary suspend, convert any personal data into anonymised data, or withdraw your consent, it may inhibit our ability to do business with or provide services to you.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can disable this function in your browser settings. However, by doing so you may not be able to fully enjoy the benefits of our websites and certain features may not work properly.
If any part of this website contains links to other websites, those sites may not operate under this privacy statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
AIA reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this privacy statement, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data policy, those changes will be notified on our website so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
Should you have any questions on any part of this privacy statement or would like additional information regarding AIA’s data privacy practices please do not hesitate to contact us by the contact details above.